January 16, 2008
1) The plot of my book Beautiful Stranger by Zoey Dean. It is about two girls who get board of
2) The setting of this book travel across the
3) A main event was when Anna loved Ben, but had the choice of
4) A main character would be Sam. Sam moved from
5) Another main character would be Anna she is beautiful, confident and intelligent girl from the east cost. She went to Los Angles to be with her friend Sam and also to reinvent herself. In the process met Ben in
6) Cammie is another friend of Sam and Anna’s she grew up in Los Angles and is extremely wealthy. She dated Ben before Anna and broke up with him (that’s when Anna started to date him). Ben had an amazing idea of a club with a complete vision in mind that needed to be funded. After he broke up with Anna he started to seek Cammie’s company again he pitched the idea to her and it flew. She took millions of dollars out of her trust fund to back him and to build Bye, Bye, Love nightclub. It was a huge success not only financially but personally considering they got back together after the venture.
7) Money is a plays a huge role in this book. Everyone has money they basically live and breathe money. All the characters in the book are shaped by their money and their lives are focused around their money. It’s very Paris Hilton like in the sense that they know no boundaries.
8) A motif in Beautiful Stranger is ulterior motives. For example Sam has an ulterior motive for going to New York she told Anna she was going to go to comfort her and to get away from L.A.’s crazy life but in reality she just wanted to go to spy on her fiancé, Eduardo, and see if he’s really on a business trip. Cammie also has ulterior motives for financing Ben on his dreams of owning a night club she wants to get back together with him because she has just broken up with a boyfriend and it hurt her deeply so she wanted to feel better about her self by hanging out with Ben and thinking as little possible about her ex boyfriend.
9) A motif in this book is like in math a negative for a positive. For example Anna lost Cammie as a friend because she was a back stabber. But she gained Logan who is the love of her life. So I guess in the end the things worked out for her.
10) Living you life a pre determined life is another motif. That comes out throughout the book. For example Anna had always known she wanted to go to Yale and she finally got in but Ben shot her down by telling her she was just living out her patents’ dreams and not her own he also told her that she was not her own person and that made her doubt her self. That’s when